Musings this Resurrection Sunday


We are an Easter People and Alleluia is our song!- Angelus, 30 November 1986, Pope John Paul II(St. Pope John Paul II, the Great)

We are all fools if Christ did not rise from the dead on the third day...not after three days, but on the third day. Thursday evening is already considered Friday because once it is dusk, it is considered the following day.  Christ died on mid afternoon Friday(that's why we have the 3 o'clock prayer), so a couple of hours later, it was already Sabbath.

Roman Soldiers guarded the big rock/stone in front of Joseph of Arimathea's property/future tomb(there was even a joke that goes viral every Holy Week and Easter, and it goes like this: I have always wondered what Joseph's friends may have said to him about giving his tomb to Jesus. I think it went something like this: "That was such a beautiful, costly, hand-hewn tomb. Why did you give it to Jesus to be interred in? That must have been very tough to do"
"Oh, no, not really." Joseph's may have replied, "After all, he only needed it for the weekend."-source
Only the best for our Saviour.).  The soldiers of Herod could not do that because it was the Sabbath.

I remember someone dear to me saying to me that when she was a Kabbalist she was taught that Christ's body was stolen by the Disciples, and when St. Paul came into the picture, the former persecutor turned hero.  

The blinding light was just a story to save himself from the anger of the Christians.  He, according to her, brainwashed the Christians, and until now, we Christians are duped by him.

Sigh.

It's even Biblical, I know.  Matthew chapter 28 verse13 says that They told the soldiers, “You must say, ‘Jesus’ disciples came during the night while we were sleeping, and they stole his body.’ -New Living Translation

Up to this day that is what THEY think.  

Thankfully, during my journey HOME,  I did my research.  In the annals of history there were witnesses regarding the blinding light on the road to Damascus.  They did not hear Jesus, but they were aware that something mysterious was happening to their leader.  They could hear something, like a voice, but they couldn't see anything.  After that they witnessed Paul becoming blind.  Those are also in ACTS Chapter 9 and the contradictory account in ACTS 22.  My guess is they did hear a voice, saw a blinding light, but they only heard gibberish. 

Anyways, since it's obvious that I wasn't there to say anything for sure, I won't "go there" anymore.

šŸ”¦šŸ””šŸŽ”šŸŽŖ

The change in Saul to Paul was more than a name change.  His character changed too, and even the glow in his eyes, especially when he was persecuted.  Yes, the persecutor became the persecuted, and so much more.  

If he just wanted to save himself from the rage of the Christians, then he could've easily gone back(like a balimbing) to being a persecutor.  He wouldn't allow himself, a Roman Citizen, be flogged or whatever else.  

Yes, we are fools for Christ, but we are not fools for believing a persecutor could turn to be an evangeliser, and be persecuted to the maximum.  He is a true convert.  He really is.

When we are weak, He is strong.

I cannot promise myself that I would be faithful to the end, but I surely hope so.  I hope when the time comes our God would say, "Well done, good and faithful servant..."

I am far from a good and faithful servant, so being one is such an aspiration...

I am hoping against hope that when I cross over, it would be heavenward.  

I really am.


Thanks for your time, everyone.  May God bless us all!

Popular Posts