Looking at the brighter side of life

(source)

The aches and pains I feel right now were manifested late.  A part of me is regretting the fact that I didn't take the Dusit Thani Manila staff's offer of bringing me to the clinic, but a part of me is grateful that I did not fracture anything, so I must just look at the brighter side and not make a mountain out of a molehill.  Besides, it's too late now.  I already told them I am fine, and I believe in my heart that I will be.

There were many wrong decisions that I've made in the past.  There's no reset button; there are no editing of scripts; and there are no do-overs(but silently hoping that there is).  

One may argue that because we believe in God we should believe that the great Author of the Book of Life can give us lots and lots of chances because He/She has all the means to edit our lives, if we ask specifically.  Yes, I believe that there is nothing...absolutely nothing impossible for God, but I also believe we shouldn't abuse that privilege.  He knows what's best.  It's like what the leper said in Luke 5:12, "Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean."  If the Lord truly, truly wills it, yes, it will be possible.  If He doesn't, then... 

Persistence has its rewards(Luke 11:5-8.), I know, and we should be specific about things we say in prayer, but the Lord knows what we need even before we ask.  We should trust in Him and lean not on our own understanding(Proverbs 3:5-6).  I repeat, He really knows what's best for us.

Anyways, I must say that I am very grateful that even if I am no virtuoso, I could still very much play the piano.  I don't know what I would feel if I could no longer do that.


Gee, I guess that's it.  Thanks for your time.

May God bless us all!




Comments

Popular Posts