The Thrill of Using a Threader



Sewing is not really my thing.  I just sew in a Namby-pamby way most of the time.  I remember in High School when we were supposed to create aprons, pyjamas and the like, I would do it halfheartedly.  The pyjama had a high grade because they thought it was hip, but the truth of the matter is that it became that way because I kept on making mistakes.  It was, if I may borrow a term, a beautiful disaster.

Today, as I was trying to sew a button for one of my black trousers, I had a hard time putting thread on the needle, even with my reading glasses on.  Mom said, "Why don't you use the threader?" "I don't know how to use one." "What?!? How did you survive sewing classes without learning how to use the threader?" she wondered.   Well, it's a mystery even to me.  

When I finally got the hang of it, I was so happy.  A cheap thrill, indeed.  I felt like floating on air, and wondered why I never tried.  Is this some kind of metaphor for life?

Well, I don't know.  Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.  It could be.

Let's say it is.

Well, I couldn't coin something at this point.

Quilting and Sewing metaphors

I think it means that we should always have faith, hope and love in God and in people.  

No matter how bleak and bleary life is, there is a ray of light at the end of the tunnel.

No matter how horrible or evil one seems to be, at least one other person loves that person.

No matter how impossible one thing seems to be, it could be possible as long as we have faith, hope and love.

Comments

Popular Posts