The Dangers of Overthinking



Research says dwelling on your shortcomings, mistakes, and problems increases your risk of mental health problems. And as your mental health declines, your tendency to ruminate increases, which can lead to a vicious cycle that is hard to break. Studies also show that overthinking leads to serious emotional distress.- 
6 Ways To Stop Overthinking Everything - Forbes


Overthinking is not good for the health. I know about this because I think too much, and whenever it gets past the saturation point, my mind explodes(it's a wonder I'm still alive, LOL) or I tip over because of imploding.

Too much thinking means there's not enough space for me to be able to meditate in peace. There will always be ramblings, constant stirring, tossing and turning.  Whenever this happens, I pray then turn to writing or playing the piano or singing or whatever creative thing, like painting etc.

Thanks to my voices of reason(real human beings, and not just voices in my head), I get balanced.  They are like fresh air that free all those alien beings that fill up my lungs, my stuffy nose and my clogged arteries, so to speak.

Someone close to me is bothered by something.  Thankfully, I was levelheaded when she talked to me or else I would scream on top of my lungs due to being overwhelmed.

She loves solving mysteries.  She may be right about this and that, but to lose faith in humanity kills the spirit...kills the soul.  

Maybe her thoughts have basis...maybe all those clues are proofs of her being right, but still, she shouldn't spend most of her waking moments thinking everyone is a liar and a thief.

Everyone is an exaggeration, I know, but that's how she is.  She is thinking that this person is not loyal to her because she has this friend who trusts her with her ATM card and pin.

Gees.  If she would go on like that, then maybe that other friend would cut ties with her.

Haist.

She sees the faults of other people, but she's blind to all her faults.

I pity her because she used to be a person full of life.  A lot of people adore her, but now she sees the bad in all the people who are beneath her.

I pray that she would be filled with so much joy and inner peace, which incidentally I ask for myself too and everyone I love.

I pray to see her genuinely smile and not laugh like a mocking bird.

I pray that her faith in humanity be restored.

All these I ask in Jesus's mighty name, I pray.  Amen!




Don't stop thinking and being thoughtful, but control your thoughts and dreams.  Don't let your thoughts and dreams control you. Better yet...I mean, it's the best to let God take over.


Comments

Popular Posts