Another Favourite Uncle Died (Family is not just who is related by blood...)

No.  We're not related by blood, but he treated me like a real niece and I treated him like a real uncle.  I've looked up to him and admired him for his bravery for the longest time.  He died today.


This is the second time I cried buckets for an uncle who doesn't share the same DNA with me.  The first time was when Tito Joe Baldueza died.  I've always felt safe with Tito Joe because we were bound by Agape...by Christ's love...and it was a very pure relationship without a single iota of malice.  

That's the same with Tito Roy.  Both Tito Roy and Tito Joe love(d) their wives so much, and both were great family men.  They were great in what they did and they also both loved God with all the hearts, mind, soul and strength.

Tito Roy was live on FB hours ago via DZRH.  One of my cousins noticed that he was so pale. On his way to a Rotary Club function or something, there was something wrong with his tummy or plus some other complications that he was rushed to the hospital.  Dad informed us about this and asked for prayers.  I don't know how much time elapsed, but a little while later dad said, "I guess you know already...Roy passed on." He died of a cardiac arrest.

Oh my goodness.  How would I know?  How could I know?

Oh.  I was online submitting something so he assumed... I guess dad just overestimates me most of the time.  The other times he makes funny jokes at my expense that his friends take seriously.  Thankfully, there's a middle ground.

Anyways, as I mentioned before, I cried buckets and buckets of tears.

I don't know if I would be able to go to the wake.  I'm sure there'll be tons of flowers there, and a thick mask(N95) might not do the trick.  Pollen is my enemy.  I'll just cross the bridge when I get there.  If my dad's going, I  probably would too.  I'll pray about it.  I'll condition myself to go tomorrow.  Dad and I agreed to go on Thursday.  Maybe I'll be stronger then.  

Condolences to everyone he left behind, especially his beloved wife, Tita Natty, a person I never had the chance to be close to.  He was so proud of her and he loved her more than his life.

Travel well, Tito Roy.  I hope I become as brave as you one day.  Godspeed!





Comments

Popular Posts