Of cheering on people on the sidelines, this book I'm reading and workouts without equipment


The above quote is a "note to self" kind of thing.  If it applies to you, well and good.  If not, it's OK.   It already served its purpose anyway, and if I do forget, I could remind myself again.  😉

👐👐👐
Sometimes when we tell people we believe in them, they don't believe it.  They think just because they are popular and you are sort of in the same business, you probably have some hidden agenda or something.  The truth is, you know in your heart that you really believe in them.  Well, I have a suggestion.  Yes, a suggestion.  It's not an advice, but only a suggestion.  How's that for emphasis?  :-p

My suggestion is that you stop telling them that you believe in them especially if you already did.  Just continue in believing in them so when they finally achieve their goal and your prediction gets set in stone or something, you could just silently cheer for them on the sidelines.  You don't have to always let them know.  Sometimes it irks them.  Be happy for them and pray for them constantly because you know they deserve it because of all the hard work that they do.



THE SUBTLE ART OF NOT GIVING A F*CK by Mark Manson, a 34-year old super star blogger, is what I am reading now.  He may be way younger than me, but he talks sense.  Well, I must say that I don't agree with everything he says, but he does say things that would give one a wakeup call.  Imagine, we thought only millennials(not all of course) feel "entitled", but the truth is, older people and people our age feel "entitled" too.  

I hope I could apply some of his suggestions in my life.  I don't want to stop caring, but there are things we should take with a grain of salt and there are those things where we should learn the subtle art of not giving a damn f*ck.  

I wrote a Japanese word starting with the S word and this blog sort of edited it...that's why I took the liberty of just writing the asterisk---yikes---I haven't learned yet---I am explaining---baby steps...baby steps.

One person said, "Why would I listen to a person half my age?"

"Why not?" I asked in reply.  "When I was a teenager, Kuya Butch believed in me and published an article I wrote for his Christian magazine.  I may not be half his age, but he was already working and I was just an impressionable teenager in my senior year of high school, who at that time had a very strong faith in God."  Eventually, I backslid, but I am back to serving Him again, but in another sheepfold.

Sometimes younger people have nuggets of wisdom that we all could learn from.  My eleven year old nephew who just got promoted to the seventh grade at times know more than the adults he is with because he is a great listener.

Yesterday, he probably did not know more than the adults he was with, but he impressed a lady we greatly admire because of his listening skills.  He was able to confidently talk with adults without sounding condescending and the lady said, "Wow. You are really listening..."

I haven't finished Mark Manson's book yet, but I am impressed.  No wonder he's a super star blogger.  He doesn't candy coat anything.   Hmm...maybe just a little, but he is a mostly no nonsense kind of guy who knows his limitations and capabilities.  


Two of my closest friends are fitness buffs, but I honestly cannot do what they both do.  What they do is too strenuous for me.  Thankfully, I could still exercise.

I do have dumbbells,  but right now the above workout and other no equipment workouts from darebee.com are the ones I am following.  I know myself.  Since I am asthmatic, like what I said, I cannot do the workout my friends are doing, and I am not intending to join Superbods or something.  I just want to be healthy.

Honestly, I haven't been back to visiting any of my great doctors yet.  Am I being a rebel without a cause again? No.  Don't I believe in them anymore? That's not it.  I am blessed to have great doctors and I very much believe in them.   I think I want to try this out first then when I am ready, I'll go give them a visit again.

Sigh.

I wanna blabber and blabber, but I think I better stop this now.

May we all have a great day.

Blessings and cheers! 

Comments

Popular Posts