Marching On (2018)




13 March 6:09 PM:
While walking to church with Joy I got fascinated with the skyline.  I took a couple of shots, then decided to go home to cook dinner for mom and dad.  I usually cook some quick meals while Joy amuses herself by playing the piano or something, but for some reason I thought there was food on the table. I only found out when we were about to leave. I said goodbye then told them I'll go straight home from mass. Anyways, to cut the looooong story short, the skyline made me decide to go home at 6:10 in the evening. It's a miracle I finished cooking and I was able to WALK to church in a breeze. Hmmm.  I arrived during the prayers before mass and the priest was late, so...  (The mass is at 6:30 PM)

How did the skyline make me decide to go back home when I was already near the church? It's what "I" saw. I don't know if you see what I see, but something about the grandeur of God's creation reminded me that since He is a God of order, He will fix things and make the impossible possible.   

#ForMeTheHorizonLooksLikeJesusFace


17 March 2018

They say I look young for my age and others even call me a vampire, but I feel it in my bones. I have the same aches and pains as those people who think they are twenty years older than I am. Mom and I share the same geriatric vitamins and though I am single and though not from my belly, I have a thirty-two year old daughter who is married with two sons, so I am already a grandma. A classmate of mine who is a year younger also has grandkids already.

As I was telling Ate Carol sometime ago, I was calling someone Kuya for the longest time only to find out I am older than him. I was so embarrassed. Big Sigh. I was calling someone Tita for a long time too, then I learned Ate Carol is older than her by a year(or several months). To respect a person, we don't really need titles, but since we are in the Philippines, honourifics are important, because without those honourifics, people feel slighted. 

Sigh.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

When I was ill last Christmas to the latter part of February, I walked slowly and I felt really, really frustrated. I needed the aid of a cane, but did not dare to use one. My doctors called me "tuyot" and my eyes looked scary, so I am grateful that I look youthful again, but I must reiterate, I already feel it in my fingers...I feel it in my toes. I am no longer a spring chicken.

I am thankful I could still blend well with my younger friends, at least by appearance, but energy wise and in other matters, the gap is wide.

Anyways, I am counting my blessings instead of sheep. Hopefully the vitamins I drink would enliven me.  I am still very young, considerably.  

Thanks for all your birthday greetings and well wishes. I never imagined myself being single at this age, but if my big sisters could handle it, I think I would be able to manage being single too. I am grateful that you are all a part of my life. To those I used to hang out with, I am very sorry if I couldn't visit all of you, but I'm glad there's FB/Viber/Instagram that we could have a semblance of interaction, at the very least.

I am grateful that I am alive and hopefully I would be able to do what my purpose is or purposes are in life.

May God bless us all!

24 March 2018

I was planning to post pictures tomorrow so that I don't have to posts photographs quite often, but for you, Joy, I'll post the pictures tonight while my parents are enjoying my pasalubong.

Happy weekend everyone. May God bless us all!   

Comments

Popular Posts