My Fabulous February 2018


The blogger 
(24 February 2018 at Sta. Rosa, Laguna)
These are what is written on two(2) FB albums of mine and a description on one of my profile pictures, which I deleted already because the exaggerated drama 
Super private moments are not included here and "there"

7 February 2018

Written after all the comments of "sexy"..."Keep it up!"  etc.  The only person who really got it somewhat right is my CBFF.  I was ill for about two months.  Because of my meds, I actually bloated and gained weight for the first two weeks, then I involuntarily regurgitated everything I ate.  I have to drink supplements that are compatible with my meds and do some light exercises because I still couldn't do the strenuous ones.  Thanks for all your compliments and I do appreciate all the love.  I am counting my blessings.  Some of my friends and family are experiencing excruciating pain and I feel for them...some are battling cancer...some of their children are battling cancer themselves...others are fighting other debilitating diseases, etc. I pray God would heal them.  I am glad that some of them are being healed little by little.    Being ill is not good.  I would rather be healthy than sick.  The good side is I went down two sizes, but I don't want to lose weight that way. So I am grateful I could now exercise.  There were times I couldn't even walk fast.  Thank God for Ate I, because she is here to assist us for two days a week, but the rest of the week, it's my octogenarian father and my ageing mother who is taking care of me---when I am supposed to be the one taking care of them.  I praise God they could still do this.  I pray to God that my creative juices would flow soon so that everything would get back to "normal", whatever that means.

8 February 2018

More than a week has gone by and even with all the trials and travails that are happening, February is truly a fabulous month.

***

Please don't tell me that the road to hell is paved with good intentions when I tell you that I "intended" to serve HIM starting on the 3rd of February. Unfortunately, I was not feeling well for days. I was not even able to join my family during Sunday mass and their lunch at Just Thai, because I was feeling queasy.

I made use of my time. Being weak is not an excuse to be idle. I solved crossword puzzles , tried my best not to make a creative U-turn, wrote some songs, all unfinished, watched television, cooked, did some light exercises(easy calisthenics and lymphatic exercises level one, so I won't faint) and played games here on Facebook.


(source)
On Wednesday, which was yesterday, finally I was able to go out again. In the morning, I think, dad and I agreed to watch MEET ME IN ST. GALLEN, but just as we were set to watch it, I learned that my movie/dinner date with Dawn and Tin set on our kadaversary(wink, wink), forgetting it was a second Thursday(last month I wished to sing during the second Thursday of the month)too late, I learned that we were also watching the same movie.

Dad suggested we watch 50 Shades
Freed instead. It's not my cup of tea, but I must honestly say I was able to watch the second installment, but I walked out before it was finished---others enjoy that kind of thing, but not me. Why do people need to hurt one another physically or emotionally? The latter couldn't be helped at times, but the former is avoidable. Others get excited by that, but it's supposed to be something beautiful, sacred or its equivalent or something close to it, at the very least, between two people really in love. At least that's my stand. To each his own.

***

If I knew Tin and Dawn have not seen THE GREATEST SHOWMAN like me, I would've suggested that we watch that instead---to cut the long story short, there was nothing left to watch except for Meet Me... 

My parents and I loved the ending, so I was very willing to watch it again with Tin and Dawn. After viewing Meet Me... for the first time, we had dinner at Tito.

The following day, our kadaversary, we had a grand time at the movies.

We experienced a roller coaster of emotions and even when the ending was "bitin" for them, I'm glad that my two lovely friends loved it too.

We had dinner at Cafe Med then bonded at Pinkberry after our triple "me time".

I had so much fun. It's my first "adventure" without my family, with friends who are like family.

I am grateful that they were very patient with a patient.

Wait. I am not a patient anymore

I've got to claim healing, in Jesus' Mighty Name, I pray. Amen! I pray for all those I've been praying for too. Lord, YOU know who they are.  :-D Amen!

note: Since mom's back is aching, I won't be able to serve at tomorrow night's prayers meeting, but I will definitely serve this weekend(2 out of three choirs) and go to church with my family.

11 February 2018

I missed serving in Church a lot, but I think my Friday and first Sunday services would have to wait a little longer. I hope I didn't overdo my enthusiasm because after lunch today, my nephew was a tad worried because when he was telling me stuff about school, I looked like I was in outer space that he asked me if I was having a relapse. Thankfully, it's not a relapse. I am almost super well and I must claim that, in Jesus' Name.

Yesterday I was able to attend my Ladies Choir rehearsals. I really missed doing that and I had fun. After the LC rehearsals, maestro, Caesar and I went straight to the Adult Choir fellowship and rehearsals.

After AC rehearsals, Joy and I bonded at home then we served in Church.
(source)
Although fictional characters in PT Barnum's Biopic, they are my faves

After service, AtC and I finally watched THE GREATEST SHOWMAN. The movie musical/musical movie is the best PT Barnum Story ever. The actors were carefully chosen, the dances were artistically choreographed, the songs were composed and arranged wonderfully and interpreted in the most colossal way...the singers meant and felt every word and they were able to convey the message of the songs to the audience. The script was well-written, the actors played their roles well and of course, it was greatly directed.  ;-) 

After the movie we went to Shopwise at Festivall Supermall then went home because it was too late for a nightcap(not really, but I still have service the following day and we were both bushed).

Today I woke up early to cook breakfast and prepare for service. The LC sang with gusto and we learned a lot from Father Kit.

Manong Dan fetched me after mass then rested for a while, cooked and ate my breakfast, then rested again. I think I went online a bit, then we fetched Karl's family.

We went to Church together, then ate lunch at Tus'. Interesting concept. Their coffee is good.

Their food's good too and their serving for one could be shared, depending on the appetite. I guess I just wasn't that hungry.

Mom smiled for the photographs even with an aching back. We will have to miss Juanito's invitation(we told him way in advance) because going to Pasay would be too much for mom. Hopefully she would be well enough to travel to the north later this week. Anyways, God-willing, we would see Tito Johnny et al after the trip.

17 February 2018

Lunch at Novotel, Ash Wednesday, Black Panther Day, Road trip to Baguio, Baguio photos from yesterday and today(we attempted to follow to the parade grounds, but unfortunately they were only going to allow a "drop off", but the vehicle had to go out so dad said, "Let's just go and enjoy Baguio!", but the traffic was so bad that we went back to the hotel for a while. We attempted to attend the anticipated mass a couple of hours later, but we ended up having merienda cena at Le Monet).  :-) Sį»©c khį»e dį»“i dĆ o, Saehae bok manhi bonaeseyo, Gong Xi Fa Cai, Kung Hei Fat Choy, XÄ«nniĆ”n kuĆ ilĆØ, XÄ«nniĆ”n hĒŽo, Happy Lunar New Year etc.

23 February 2018

It's been a week since our trip to and fro Baguio and this album starts from Sunday morning, 18 February 2018. We met at the Lord's table at St. Joseph's Pacdal, ate at Ebai, then off we went to a pilgrimage at St. Padre Pio Parish - Palguyod, Pozorrubio, Pangasinan and at St. Jude Thaddeus Parish Church of Pozorrubio, Pangasinan. After our pilgrimages we went to XENIA HOTEL Philippines for lunch then home sweet home.

I'm still stumped, but little by little my creative juices are starting to flow, so please, oh please, don't send me text messages asking for money. It's breaking my heart into many pieces.


On Wednesday we celebrated RJ's birthday. Ate I cooked pancit for our morning snack. We fetched Karl and B in the afternoon, went to Manila Memorial then we had early dinner at Tito Chef Restaurant and All Things Culinary.

Yesterday I did a lot of research and read the notes given by my mentor. I hope he's not losing hope on me. He gave me free lessons that usually cost an arm and a leg. Sigh. I promise not to put his generosity to  waste.

The rest of the time I watched TV and played games, then reviewed my notes again.

Today we went to the City of Taguig to do some biz, have coffee, vegetarian sandwiches then watched The Shape of Water.  


(source)

After that we had late lunch at Aroi.

Tonight we are having therapeutic massages courtesy of Mary Luz Dujali.  :-)

Guess I'll sign off early.  :-)

24 February 2018

We attended my nephew Renzo's 14th birthday party then we visited their lovely home and was greeted by Cholo their wonder dog. ;-) (That's why I missed two rehearsals and service today)

27 February 2018

Last Sunday I served again by singing with the Ladies Choir then after researching some stuff, rested for a while then joined my family for our weekly praying the highest form of prayer together then had lunch at The Halal Guys.  Karl's family went around ATC and then watched Black Panther. As for the three of us, we stayed at Starbucks for a while then went home.

Yesterday mom went to confession at the Greenbelt Chapel and we both attended the 12:15 PM mass. After mass we ate at Tokyo Tonteki. We were supposed to have coffee somewhere, but dad called to say his 2:30 PM meeting got canceled.

Today, thank goodness, I was able to research and write. In the afternoon mom and I were ready for Tito Nitoy's "party" at Golden Cowrie Filipino Kitchen at S Maison, but before doing so, we dropped by Tito Chef Restaurant and All Things Culinary where we got a little token for Tito Johnny/Tito Nitoy.

I told dad we should leave early, but he said that what they agreed upon was between 6 to 7, so we weren't late. (We still went to the gas station and before going up the Skyway the bottleneck was a choke point---yikes--redundancy for emphasis. LOL. Thankfully it was a breeze "up there" or else they would've thought we stood them up. ;-)

After dinner we decided to walk, but mom and dad gave up after a few meters so I let them go ahead, but because I could already walk fast again, I was able to catch up with them.

B and K were at Fully Booked buying some Batman stuff.
(source)

28 February 2018

Today is the last day of the month. After a couple of meetings and errands dad decided he wanted to watch RED SPARROW. After watching the movie I did not want to blog about it, but I changed my mind so here it is: 

 http://nixca316moviefan.blogspot.com/2018/03/red-sparrow-2018-r-16-first-of-trilogy.html

Wow.  I can't believe it's March already.  I pray that everything would be okay for worrying is useless.

Happy birth month to me.  

Thanks for reading.

Blessings and cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts