Affected much? (Movies, Musicals, and TV Series) -updated

These are personal thoughts about certain movies, musicals, TV series et cetera, so I opted to write this HERE instead of there.


The last time I made fan girl compositions were for the TV series called SANA DALAWA ANG PUSO
When I get so affected by a TV series, show, musical, or whatever else, people get worried that I forget I am just watching it...them.

No need to get worried.  I have reality checks.  I am grounded.  I just know how to appreciate stuff.  I just know how to immerse myself...that's why I seldom watch horror flicks.  I have to prepare myself before watching, and do cleansing rituals after.  

Weird?  Yes, and I am embracing my weirdness.

source
About a few days ago someone seemed angry(or irritated) when I said burgers instead of meat pies when we were talking about SWEENEY TODD, maybe he was thinking I didn't know what I was talking about.  I do know what I was talking about(He's a good person, and I am not taking it against him...I just want to make that clear---di po ako mababaw, ano?  Besides, he doesn't know me that well, so it's OK.  He's fun to talk to, and he is one person I greatly admire and respect. That's that.  Buti nga kinakausap ako, eh.).  Some of my close friends laughed when I couldn't eat any kind of ground meat for a month or so. At first I felt slighted, but now I laugh with them.  Anyways, that only happened during the first time I watched it.  When it was referenced in JERSEY GIRL(they watched it there because little Gertie wanted to) I was already OK.  In 2007 I watched the one starring Johnny Depp(Sweeney Todd) and Helena Bonham Carter(Mrs. Lovett), I was really grossed out, but I'm fine.  I could eat burgers again, and sometimes I eat meat pies. 

I have seen several versions already, and I have come to love the songs, and some of them I know by heart.  

source
Lea Salonga and Jett Pangan's version is still playing until October 27, by the way, at The Theatre at Solaire.

Yes, readers, I am weird, and if it bothered me before, now, I accept it.  

So what if I'm weird?  My weirdness has made me creative.  I paint, I ghostwrite, I play the piano, I compose music(wala nga lang commercial appeal), and so much more.

SOME OF THE "THINGS" THAT HAVE AFFECTED ME THE MOST recently:

source

JANE EYRE: I never appreciated this when this was required reading, but I've seen several versions of this.  My favourite is the one starring CIARAN HINDS and SAMANTHA MORTON(1997) that I've only seen a couple of weeks back.  It still had differences with the book, like certain characters and scenes were omitted, but in my humble opinion, I believe that this version is the closest ever.  Both Hinds and Morton were able to show us how Ms. Charlotte BrontĆ« imagined them, I believe.  Even ABIGAIL CRUTTENDEN portrayed Blanche like she was born to do it.  I even adore TIMIA BERTHOME as Adele.  Thank goodness, I am not an orphan, but I somehow relate to Jane and her inner turmoils.  


MALEFICENT:Mistress of Evil(2019)
The 2014 version was darker, but I liked it better. Still, this 2019 version is likeable too. 
I prefer BRENTON THWAITES to HARRIS DICKINSON, but...oh well, I would rather not say anything I might regret beyond my lifetime.  

ELLE FANNING wasn't so beautiful during the middle part of the movie, but she was alluring towards the end(and when Prince Philip proposed), so I guess it's OK, because love changes everything(hehehe). 

ANGELINA JOLIE was good as always, and the creatures of The Moor were beautiful.  How did it affect me? Well, I love nature, and I don't want it destroyed.  Need I say more?

There was another movie that I really liked while watching it, but as it turns out, there was a "propaganda" of sorts involving a map shown in the movie, so even if I like how music and nature were one in the film, and there were lots of travelling, I would rather not mention it here. 

from Google images

GEMINI MAN: I thought I wouldn't like this movie, but I do. Yes, I still do, but I couldn't understand why a certain character died(a lot of characters died, but there was one that was so senseless).  It made me really, really sad.

source
source
BEAUTIFUL JUSTICE:

So far, I haven't missed an episode.  Well, technically, I've missed a lot while it is being aired, but thankfully, I still get to see them online.

My CBFF and I, along with another person, discuss this, while it is being aired, more often than not.

I really love the series, and I really get involved with the characters.

As you can see above, there are two "love teams" that I support that  I even made fan girl compositions for them.  

It is still too soon for Tony(Regional Director Antonio Bautista played by Chef VICTOR NERI) and Alice Vida(YASMIEN KURDI), widow of his close friend Ronnie(GABBY EIGENMANN), and the mother of his godson, Ronron(FRANCHESCO MAAFI).  It has not been a year since Ronnie died, but Tony, according to my mother's observations, has been pining for Alice even when Ronnie was alive(especially after his annulment---wait, it was mentioned, but I am not certain if his marriage to his ex was declared void ab initio already----I have to watch past episodes), but because of propriety and parameters, he never expressed his feelings.  He is kind of expressing it now, but the timing is really off.  He tried to date others, but...

The other couple we are supporting are Brie(GABBI GARCIA) and Vin(GIL CUERVA).  At first we wanted Lance to end up with Kitkat(because DERRICK MONASTERIO and BEA BINENE's chemistry in Mulawin vs. Ravena was great), but if he has already gone rogue even before the yacht explosion, and just wanted out because he was going to marry Brie...we have extensive ideas about this, but would rather not "voice" it out here...

Hmm...I'm going off track.  Well, what I want to say is that we are hoping that Kitkat ends up with Agent Scott Reyes(KIEL RODRIGUEZ), so that he could have a bigger role(Sayang naman ang galing niya sa pag-arte at kaguapuhan niya.  Or I hope he just gets more exposure so he could have bigger roles...for him and his family...I am NOT crushing on him...di po ako cougar like...I just believe in his talent...sana di lumaki ang ulo.)

Sigh.

Oh well, this is getting too long already.

Thanks a lot for your time in reading about my weirdness, et cetera.

LOL


Published 21 October 2019 (morning)

Updated 21 October 2019 at 10:27 in the evening

#BeaBinene #GabbiGarcia #YasmienKurdi #VictorNeri #GilCuerva #BingLoyzaga #JuanRodrio #KielRodriguez #DerrickMonasterio #ErinOcampo #ShyrValdez #DangCruz #Lilet #IanDeLeon #ThereseMalvar #MarkReyesV #PhillipLazaro #GabbyEigenmann #CarlosAgassi #ValeenMontenegro #WillDevaughn #VincentMagbanua #KevinSantos
#BeautifulJusticeGMA7






Comments

Popular Posts