JESUS is the real reason for the season

CHRISTmas shouldn't be all about stress and hugot moments.  It should be about CHRIST becoming man...because without the incarnation, there won't be a resurrection, and the other important things in between.

The chat between me and some friends came to mind.  They were having issues with Mama Mary, and I understood their issues because those were my issues too when I was in another sheepfold. 

The issue was, "If Mary was born immaculate...spotless...unblemished, why should we honour her? Shouldn't she just be grateful she was  chosen?" She was very grateful.  Just check  the Magnificat.

It wasn't even the issue of the biblical text "first born" Son(perpetual virginity).  It was the issue of predestination.  She was already the chosen one, what's the big deal?

The deal is, even if God is the One true God, Almighty and all that, He still RESPECTS our free will. Free will is one of His gifts to us. Even if Mary was the chosen one, if she was like Lucifer, the bringer of light, full of pride, she would have said, "Hmp.  Without me your plans wouldn't push through.  You need me for this incarnation of Jesus to happen. What if I said no?"

God would have to choose another Theotokos (God bearer) and if all those women were filled with pride too, then maybe the Jews are right.  We are still waiting for a Messiah, and He has not arrived just yet.

When Mama Mary said yes, the Word immediately became flesh, and the rest is...We should be humble like her.  She had all the reasons to be proud, and yet she remained meek.  Not a tinge of arrogance in her blood.  Not a single iota.

:-)

When the chosen race, a holy nation clamoured for a King, God anointed Saul, but Saul was filled with pride, so God found David, and from him came the root and rod of Jesse, Jesus CHRIST.

Last night we had the traditional Panuluyan, but in Taglish form.   I am familiar with it because it was practiced in other places I've been to, but of course a lot of people were shocked.  It was beautiful.  I think the English responses were supposed to mean that besides having no room in the inn and other places, they, Mary and Joseph, were foreigners, and they weren't very welcoming to foreigners.  Not sure of that.

By the way, for those who do not know, Bethlehem means "House of BREAD" and Jesus in the bread from heaven, much greater than manna, of course.

Anyways, I better go now.

I have another service.

Another?

Yes.

Even if I am not part of the PPC anymore, I am with three choirs, and I love all my choirs.

It's just sad that because of health reasons, there are times I am absent, but I should always count my blessings, right?

Sometimes I am absent because I have another important thing to do, or I HAVE to be somewhere else.  

Merry, merry CHRISTmas, everyone!








Popular Posts