Divine Mercy Sunday (just a personal blog entry and nothing really profound) written a few days after


Rev. Fr. Francisco "Kit" Hernandez, SDB
Gave us a short, but meaningful homily.  The slide shown in this picture is an acronym M.U.C.H.(regarding God's love---he joked that if he included V.E.R.Y. the people in our parish might protest and oust him)  M=Merciful; U=Unconditional; C=Charitable; H=Humble

He also talked about the feast, us being Easter People and Hallelujah is our song...different levels like trust, faith, obedience, etc.   Things about it's hard being alter christus(another Christ) to our neighbor when(I honestly could not read my handwriting much) we are not merciful, don't love unconditionally, if we are not charitable or humble and vice versa.  

Oh, he also reminded us to drink lots of water, especially during summer so we won't be dehydrated, etc.  


Saint Maria Faustina


The Altar at the Divine Mercy Shrine
Address: Biluso, Silang, 4118 Cavite, Philippines
Phone: +63 947 310 1348

One of the most favorite Sacred Feasts of mine is the Divine Mercy Sunday.  Admittedly, I am still a work in progress and hopefully I am not abusing  His Divine Mercy when I feel blessed that He is a forgiving, merciful, loving God and so much more.

Without His Divine Mercy I think most of us, probably including myself, would be eternally damned.


A lot of my spiritual friends(the non-Christian ones) left Christianity because they could not fathom a very loving God could damn someone eternally. They believe that Catholicism and Christianity in general, was invented by St. Paul, the Apostle.  That everything is a lie, including what the gnostics and the cults believe in.  They believe we can all be gods(something like a famous cult that does not drink any dark drinks believe) and that power is within.  E pluribus unum (from the many/out of many, one)--- this was tackled in one of the books of a writer that I don't want to mention today, that the mind is the most powerful, et cetera, et cetera. This is such a hard concept because it would mean that everyone who don't have sound minds cannot be made whole... 


Oh, let me make it clear that I don't think that is what the coin's inscription means.  It was just something I read from a famous author about the power of the mind.

My goodness.

One of these friends that I dearly love almost made me doubt what I believe in.  I almost left the whole Christendom because of selfish reasons, but thank goodness for the likes of Brother Ed Villacorte et al, I stayed a Christian until today.  I kept the friendship, even when some things happened along the way(let's not go there anymore), but when RJ died, I stayed away.  Sometime later I met up with her again and after a truly fun day with her, my face was, so-to-speak, splashed with cold water.  Wait.  I stand corrected.  Buckets of ice water woke up my senses.  Yes, I would miss her and I still love her, but I think I have to stay away.  I did not explain anymore.  After all, she was the one who told me explanations were not needed when we do stuff(I relearned later on that this is a case-to-case basis). I am not going to block her because I know darn well the feeling of being blocked. 

I do not want to reduce my Lord to a lesser being, no matter how divine and respected He still is along with His Blessed Mother.  

Thank God, His Mercy is Divine, or else I do not know where I would go if...

Thank God, even if I am not worthy...

My former Pastor, Brother Gerry Holloway, wrote this yesterday and it was a welcome reminder after our Pilgrimage to MonteMaria:
From Pastor Gerry Holloway WWCF

I listened with some amusement this morning as a speaker described Satan in the Garden of Eden as a :"talking snake." But as I continued to listen the seriousness of this writers thoughts began to take hold of my thinking. He pointed out that this snake was a composite of three things. He came from the animal world. He was a snake. But he could speak as a man to Eve and she conversed with him. But third, and more important, the talking snake was Satan in disguise. And in this composite form he persuaded the woman to doubt God. Not the existence of God but whether God had actually said to her and Adam that they must not eat of the tree. It was a question of doubt and Eve begin to doubt whether God really meant what He said. In her doubt she gave into a temptation that has been with us ever since. Did God really say this? She doubted and convinced her husband that maybe God really did not said they must not eat of the tree and perhaps He meant something else. My friend, this talking snake is still with us today convincing us that God is not absolute in His commands and His instructions about how we are to live in the garden of life He has given to us. Did God really say what you think He said? Maybe you misunderstood Him and you can life as if there is no absolutes. Live free. Enjoy life. The talking snake is still doing its work of destroying man who doubts God's absoluteness.
I included Pastor Gerry's message because it is an ecumenical one.  God is ABSOLUTE.  He is Almighty.  He is the Highest Power.  If anyone tries to sway you from that belief, then stay away.  It's one thing to respect everyone's belief and be understanding, but if that person is making you doubt God's absoluteness then, even if he or she is not the devil per se, he or she... no, I do not want to judge...this is my personal take...this is me fighting my daemons...I am letting God be God.  I am letting Him take over.  Although no one is promised tomorrow, I entrust my tomorrows to HIM.

With the whole Church Triumphant, Militant, and Suffering, I give God the glory due HIS MOST HOLY NAME.

Thank YOU Lord for YOUR Divine Mercy.

Amen!


Comments

Popular Posts