Some of my Free Verse Poems and Songs

Some Poems and Songs of Mine

God has given us talents that we must share to the whole world. Yes, we are not perfect for each of us have flaws, but we shouldn't be afraid to show that God has given us graces even if we don't deserve them. May each and everyone of us experience eternal bliss. God bless us all! (all feelings were true when I wrote them)

Note: a couple of the songs have links(updated September 2018)

A. RJ, MY BROTHER

I wish there was a way I could reach you
   For in a world of your own, you remain
      You talk to the angels
 And they sing you their songs
How I wish you could talk to me too.
You are a baby inside a man
         Whenever your wants are not met
     You wail like an infant since you can't speak
How I wish that there was an easier way
But as I give you my hand, you take mine
     Then you give me a smile that makes my day
          Words I can't hear, but I can feel
Every beat of your heart that says you love me...

You love listening to the radio
          And you love watching the news
      I don't know what's inside your mind
But I know that your thoughts are deep.
I know there are struggles, but I cannot complain
          For you bring joy more than trials
                      You and PG are our angels
AND HEAVEN GAVE YOU BOTH TO US FOR A REASON
February 21, 1996


B.WRESTLING WITH EMOTIONS
As I looked at the chaos around me
It made me wonder if serenity was meant for me
Then all of a sudden I felt a gush of wind
That made me feel wrapped in someone's arms
As I wrestled with my emotions
There You were comforting me
Telling me to always look up
And that when I'm alone I should not be lonely
You're my God, You're my King,
You're Savior, and Redeemer
You're my Life, You're my Hope,
You're my light.
You made me stand
Up on a pedestal when I deserve
To be dumped into the abyss
You're my peace, You're my strength
Now I believe that my life has a purpose
And that is to serve You with all of me
To be one with You
To share You're everlasting
With everyone on this earth.
September 27, 1992

C.DREAMING OF YOU
© by Lara Mia Veronica M. Garcia
Dreaming of you makes me reach the sky
That takes me to the land where
There are no tears.
We kiss passionately and never
Want to part
We dance till the morning light.

Dreaming of you brings me
To a land full of flowers
That never make me sneeze,
Endless pure waters
And vast horizons.
If only in dreams
I could be with you
May I never wake up at all.
4 U
1999 

D. Sa Aking Pangarap
 ni Lara Mia Veronica M. Garcia 2016

Sa aking pag-iisa lagi kang nasa isip
At nagigiliw sa tuwa ang puso ko't dibdib
Nangangarap akong makapiling kang lagi
At umaasa akong gayon din ang iyong nais.

Sa aking pangarap
Naakyat na natin ang Mt. Everest
Kahit ako'y nangangatog sa takot
Napapawi naman ito ng iyong mga ngiti.

Kung saan-saan na tayo nagtungo
At ilang beses na tayong nakasal
Sa iba't ibang mga simbahan
Nakalulungkot lamang dahil ako ay nagising.

Kahit nakakalungkot kailangan kong bumangon
At ituloy ang aking buhay at ayusin ito
Hindi ko pwedeng pagpilitan ang hindi tama
Dahil mahal ko ang Diyos at ako'y mahal NIYA rin.

Maraming salamat sa iyong mga sulyap
Sa iyong mga blankong mga mata na sumasayaw tuwing ako'y nakikita

Subalit kung wala kang gagawin para ito ay itama
Kailangan kong gamitin ang isip ko.

Sabi nga nila, may dahilan
kung bakit nasa ibabaw ang isip
Kasi kung puso lang ang gagamitin
Maaring *malinlang ang ating mga damdamin*.

#scarabnumber2


E. MIRAGE
© by Lara Mia Veronica M. Garcia
At the other end of the line
I heard you breathe
Your heart was beating fast
And it seemed like
You wanted to tell me
That you love me
But realized it was not yet the time...
I want to hold you in my arms
And feel your lips touch mine
I want your arms to enfold me
Your hands to caress me
But I'm sad to say I do not love you
No, not the way you do
So I pray to God that this ill feelings
Would just fade away
Just like a mirage in a sandy desert
~ Our Contributing Poet ~ Lara Mia Veronica M. Garcia, Paranaque City, Philippines
1999

F.WHAT WILL I BE TOMORROW (a song)
    What will I be tomorrow?
What will I be after tonight?
        Will there be joy?
    Will there be sorrow?
Is there a future for me?
      What will I be tomorrow?
What will I be after tonight?
Will there be songs? Will there be laughter?
Is there a future for me?
Have you forgiven this wretched soul
who has failed You time and again?
You said You have forgiven me
          even before I asked,
But why do I feel so helpless and alone?
I want to stop pretending
I want to praise Your name
      I want to spread Your beauty, my Lord
And say what a wonder You are
December 14, 1988


G. FOR LIZELLE (a song)
I never met a friend like you
You mean the world to me
You understand my shortcomings
You mean the world to me
So I wish you all the best in the world
Most especially in this new life of yours
How I wish that you'll be happy together
How I wish that you'll be happy forever
April 1997 (For her Civil Wedding)

H.WHAT'S YOUR ROLE IN MY LIFE? (song)
What's your role in my life
I don't understand
Why the heavens set me
and sent me to your door
I don't know what you are to me
My heart beats fast
Whenever I hear your voice
I think I'm in love
I hope you are too
What's your role in my life
I simply can't understand
Why I always see your face
In front of me
Even though you're far away from me
My heart beats fast
Whenever I think of you
I know I'm in love
I know you are too
April 13, 1996

I. FOR MARIVIC (for my friend who died last January 1,1997 at the age of 25)
Sounds of your laughter and the kindness of your heart
   never fail to enchant my bleeding soul.
I long to tell you how important you are,
      but now I wonder if that's possible.
When we parted ways I thought
     that the day would come that we'd reunite
But I was wrong for you have left this world permanently.
      It is hard to accept this horrid fact,

But I entrust you to our Lord.
      His holy angels will be your friends
   and you will be in Mama Mary's bosom,
The day will come when we will meet again,
      But before that time comes,
                please watch over us.
Marivic, our angel, we miss you
             Tears of sorrow encumber us,
But we know that you're in His presence
       And our tears will be turned into dancing.
January 1, 1997
#mavictoriajosefguzman

J. IN THE STILLNESS OF THE NIGHT
In the stillness of the night
   echoes of your voice I hear
I cry and cry
    where are you my fair love?
I miss you...I long for you
I remember the games we used to play
Your angelic voice keeps ringing in my ears
   but where are you my fair love?
The wind blows softly to caress my aching soul
   Thoughts of you start to play like a movie in my mind
I thought we were made for each other,
   But I was wrong
for the Lord has other plans for us
    His ways are higher than ours
And His thoughts are higher than our thoughts
  Therefore, I must accept His decision.
February 1, 1994

K. FOR PATRICK (a poem written by a fictional character named Marcie in a play that I wrote called SA ILALIM NG ARAW [Under the Sun])
The fire told the water of its blazing love
       the water laughed at the fire and quenched it from above
Rains washed the blaze and the fire duly cried
    then her brother wind made the wood truly dried
That's what I felt when my love fell apart
I miss dear Patrick for my brother broke my heart
   He told me lies about him and his beloved friends
Now I wish to tell him of my love and hope to make amends.
January 15, 1985

L. LETTING GO
                    I heard the wind whistle a tune from long ago
              it shook me and took me to a place I never
      wanted to tread anymore
I've released you and entrusted you to a great friend
   I know I am over you, but sometimes I get confused
      Whenever I hear songs on the radio
        Especially those you used to sing
     Rain of painful tears deluge in my heart
that make me wish we could be together again
   I ask myself,"Is this love or just tender longings?
       I wish the Lord's will would be clearer
           For I do not want to hold on
       If He did not plan you to be mine."
     Yet, I say to myself that I musn't cling on to the past
   I must move on and focus on today
 So I could bravely face tomorrow.
March 16, 1996

M. COULD THIS BE LOVE?
Could this be love
      Or just a simple melody
A mystery deep inside
      Clinging to my soul?
I'm amidst the laughter
     and the rain
of the pain that tremendously
    Suppresses my deepest emotions
I want to burst out all
    My innermost depressions
But something seems to
     be stopping me
Stopping me from saying
     that I love you so
'Cause I'm not really sure
     of what I feel for you
Could this be love
    Or am I just confused?
As for what I've learned
    Love is not a feeling
It is a decision
July 18, 1999
#Godwasstoppingme

N.THE IMAGE IN THE LOOKING GLASS
I smile when people say I'm beautiful
But do I believe what they say?
Sometimes I do, but mostly I don't.
I see a different image in the mirror
I see a murky face.
I look around me
All I see is darkness
I look above me
There's a glaring light
How could that be?
I reach out my hand
To the image in the mirror
She gets to touch my hand
And pulls me inside.
I see my past, my present
My future and beyond
She makes me understand why this
And that happened.
I grasp all the information I could.
Then she pushes me back to reality
Now, the image I see is me. :-D
December 15, 1998

O.COUNTRYSIDE JOURNEY
Let me take you for a ride
To the lovely countryside
I have been there several times
All my trips have been sublime.
No, this is not a song of rhyme.
Nor is it a song of joy.
It’s a song of pain,
So much pain!
All my life
I have tried to be good
But most of the time
Bad won the battle.
For there were those
Who abused my kindness
And there were those
Whom I hurt without meaning to.
Looking at the trees and mountains
I hear voices of children playing
No, they are nowhere to be found.
There’s no one out there.
My mental innocence was lost as a child
Yet I am fortunate that my body remains pure
But I cannot say the same for my soul,
I stink…I am dung.
Most of the time
I wallow in self pity
But do I have the right to?
I don’t think so.
Lessons learned the hard way
Are the ones that remain in one’s heart.
You may want to erase them
But they are the ones that make you strong.
We are now near the terminal.
Would you want to go with me still?
No one’s forcing you to.
It’s still your decision.
December 16, 1998

P.CUPID IN MOURNING
I wonder why I said goodbye
When all my thoughts are filled with your smiles.
I wonder why I still long to hold you in my arms
To share my tomorrows and dreams.
When playful cupid shot his arrow
And filled you with desire
He wished it was eternal love you would pledge,
But his hopes were vanquished
When you decided to just fool around.
My Valentine, you remain just a Valentine.
How I wish you could be my everything,
But your uncooperative soul
Wants nothing of that sort.
Will you let the child of Venus suffer?
Yes, I guess you would.
But I won’t let my world end
Because there are more essential things than you.
February 14, 2000 (I do not really celebrate Valentine's Day so I just wrote three different mood poems)

Q. TRYING TO BREAK FREE
My love,
I am trying to break free
From the chains
That I have bound myself with.
I seem to have lost the key
Where have I put it?
Is it somewhere in your pocket?
I believe it is you
Who can help me
Not I because
I have decided not
To love him anymore...
That I should love you forever
Or at least
Until I stop breathing.
Set me free
Oh faithful one
With your sparkling eyes
And hearty laughter.
Please dig deeper into your pockets
No, don't give up
I know, I know
That the key is
Just somewhere there
And I will wait until
You find it.
February 14, 2000 (Valentine mood poem)

R.YOU ALONE
Love for me
Was like colorful
Butterflies
And enchanting trees
With birds
Chirping a lovely tune.
I never knew it would
Feel this way.
My heart is
Wrenched
And there’s a pool
Of tears
Always forming
In my eyes.
Yet,
Even if there
Is sadness
I would not
Exchange what I
Feel for you
Because
You are an oasis
In an arid desert.
You never let me
Run dry.
You are my soul
My universe
And my
Sea of
Tranquility.
The moment I saw you
I heard bells ringing.
I never felt anything like that
For anybody before.
You’re attractive,
We both know that,
But that wasn’t it.
I’ve seen better looking guys.
I have been in love with them
And they have been in love with me.
No, I am not trying to
Insult you or anything,
Believe you me
It’s just that I never believed
In love at first instance
And even if I did,
I never imagined
That it could
Happen to me.
I believed that you should know
A person first before falling
For someone,
But I fell for you.
Your shaking hands
Weren’t any help for me.
I know that you might have
Been just nervous
Of something else,
But still,
I felt like floating.
Seeing you two days
In a row made my heart fly.
Then talking briefly with
You led me to cloud nine.
It’s still a wonder
Why I’m holding on
Even if I told the
Rest it’s all over.
I want to let
You know that
My love for you
Will remain
Until the day
I die
For
I could not
Love
Anybody
Else.
February 14, 2000 (This is not really dedicated to anyone---Valentine mood poem)


S. FOR MABEL (My friend who died last March 11,2001 at a very young age of 21)
Even if you came into my life
Like a breeze
Somehow the mark you left
In my heart
Will stay.
The short time I spent with you
Will forever be remembered
Even if we never became best of friends
You’re one of those who are like sisters to me.
Wherever you are may you be in peace.
March 12, 2001
#ClaudineMabelVillasisFeliciano
#SangatD!Day
#ComposedThisAfterILearnedOfHerDeath
#SunginfrontofMissDinaBonnevie
#gma7

T. SWEET WORDS OF HOPE (A song)
Play me your love song
Sing me a tune
Let me dance with your music
And fly to the moon.
Whisper to me
Sweet words of hope
Tell me it’s me
Not her
Take my hand my precious
Bring me to paradise
Hold me and lull me to sleep
So I could dream about forever with you.
Play me your love song
Sing me a tune
Let me dance with your music
And fly to the moon.
Whisper to me
Sweet words of hope
Tell me it’s me
Not her.
You’re not the man of my dreams
But something in you is so special
There’s a certain magic in your eyes
That makes me think of no man but you.
Play me your love song
Sing me a tune
Let me dance with your music
And fly to the moon
Whisper to me
Sweet words of hope
Tell me it’s me
Not her.

Tell me it’s me
Not her.
July 15, 2000  (To someone...obviously, a musician...I'm over him now and I'm glad we're friends...thank God!)

U.LET'S BE FRIENDS AGAIN
Suddenly the room is filled
With smoke
The music stops
Not a beat…
Not a sound.
Slowly, my heart
Is wrenched.
Why is it so?
You are so near to me.
I used to love you,
You know.
You just neglected me,
No, you rejected me.
Why do I feel so alone
In this crowded bazaar?
I wish I could find
The answer
But you alone can solve
This woe.
Why do you remain special
You who hate me
And treat me like scum?
I always ask myself
Why I still wish for us
To be the way we were.
We may never have
Been close friends,
But our bond
Was something else.
Why did you allow
A wall
To be built
Between us
You’re a foot away
Yet I feel
A mile is the distance
That separates us.
Please, be my friend
Again.
It’s pathetic,
I know,
But I only
Come after the best.
September 9, 2001  (For my childhood friend---thank God we're at least civil to each other now and we're Facebook friends)

V.LITTLE MIRACLES
Lord, what did I do to deserve Your love?
I have sinned so many times before.
My temper has been uncontrollable at times
And yet you saved me and my family
Many times from danger.
There was a time that the maids
Forgot to turn the gas off
And flame of the range was still burning
Till midnight.
If my angel didn’t nudge me
To check if the gas was off
I don’t know if we, as a family,
Still have a house
To live in.
Once a truck almost hit us
As one of its tires fell
Out of place
Neither the passengers
Of that truck
Nor us were harmed.
There are many things
That people may say are ordinary
But to me they are great miracles.
I cannot list them all here,
But my heart is forever grateful
Just tonight You have used my
Autistic brother RJ to save
Our house from fire.
He showed us the
Short-circuited outlet
And my heart cried thanks
To the heavens.
Dear God, no one really deserves
Your love,
But You love us just the same.
All that are mine came from You
So I can only give back what
Are rightfully Yours.
September 8, 2001

W.SMILE AGAIN, PG
There was a time when it was easy to love you
There was time when I would flaunt you to the world
I did not care if you were different from us
Your smile made a difference
It told me you loved me.
Dearest brother even if I still love you
Even if I still want to fight for your cause
You have instilled fear in my heart.
PG, please smile again
I miss the brother I used to play with
Please smile again
I don't care if you remain a child forever
Just smile again.
I couldn't even bring you to your favorite place
Without being brought to the handicapped office
Who can blame them?
No, not me
They just want to care
For the other visitors, you see.
Please my dear brother,
Help me fight your cause
If I am afraid of you
Who is there to protect you?
So, please smile again.
September 16, 2000
(Thank you for smiling again before you died, my dear---He died on 11 May 2003)

X.WASTED ENERGY
I have poured my deepest emotions
To you in my letters
Telling you of my deepest regrets
And the need for me to say goodbye.
I have come to the end of the crumbling line
And as much as I want to be with you...
To talk to you...to feel your presence...
I just need to move on and face
Tomorrow on my own.
Please try to understand
That while you are carousing
I am in tears
That while you are joking
Serious thoughts fill my mind.
Stay away from me
For I can't bear
To be near you
And not claim you to
Be my own.
I could not imagine
Any person taking you away
From me if you were mine
So why would I try to do
The very thing I hate?
Please, please....
Didn't you read my letters?
Did I just waste all my energy?
Did I waste the tears I shed?
Did I waste all the guts I mustered
As I told your brother my dilemma?
Please tell me.
......I HOPE NOT.
Dedicated to the person who wanted to talk to me a while ago (Feb.4, 2000)

Y. Thinking of You
by Lara Mia Veronica M. Garcia

Thinking of you makes my heart dance
Makes my gloomy days bright
And my arms flap
As I fly to the sky.
\Wherever you are
My thoughts are with you
Whatever you are
I believe in you
I love you.
\You are the seemingly endless stream
That leads to paradise.
You're my courage
You take away my fears.
I
believe that we're born
For each other
I know in my heart
You believe that too.
©1999


Z. Every Road Leads Back to You (song)
by Lara Mia Veronica M. Garcia
April 10, 2014 

The day is fast approaching
And here I am again
Wondering about the twists and turns
And things that caused me pain.

I've been to many places
All around the world
I've met a lot of people
And some made my heart go knurled.

Received some proposals
Decent and not so
Some didn't like my refusals
But others smiled then let me go.

There were Griffins and Vikings
That captivated my heart
A lot of great beings
Whose thoughts were deeper than Descartes...

Yet all the melodies they sang
Were just temporary
Your unforgettable tune
Is really quite catchy.

It's still a great puzzle
Why this is so
That in the labyrinth of my heart
Every road leads back to you.

I almost fell in love
With a guy with three treasures
But I only reminded him
Of his former lady love.

Anywhere I go
Everywhere I've been
No matter where I turn
Every road leads back to you.

Every road leads back

Leads back to you.



Comments

Popular Posts